Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday- Day 5

I am posting early today- maye because I can't sleep, or just have a heavy heart. Here is my challenge today:

Friday: Discuss things with your husband and value and respect when he has to say. He loves you.
Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit to your own husbands as unto the Lord.

This is a tough topic for me. Steve and I don't see eye to eye on some things right now and it all comes down to selfishness (mostly on my part) but I need to daily remind myself that I am to SUBMIT to him as to the LORD. I wouldn't dare argue with God if he asked me not to go somewhere or do something, so why in the world would I think it ok to argue with my husband. Very thought provoking.

My devotion today was on the hands and feet of Jesus (Him acting through others) and I want to give a special shout out to all those who have kept me and my family in their prayers through this difficult time. You know who you are and you are the hands and feet of Jesus in my life and I eternally thank you for that. I don't know where I would be without you.

The devotion I am currently using is Extraordinary Women-Discovering the Dream God Created for You- by Julie Clinton (I may have already mentioned it). It is changing my life one day at a time and I strongly encourage you to pick it up and dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment