Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday- Day 1

So many of my friends who have been praying my way through the last year of post partum depression and now depression along with other things (ADD, and possibly a bi-polar disorder) suggest that I start a blog with the verses and tidbits that I read anddaily challenges that friends have given me as an encouragement to others.

Well ladies- here it is.

Monday: Work 2-3 days a week and leave work @ work!! I love you very much... (from Meg) Remember God, family, yourself, then work.

Phillipians 4:12-13
I have learned the secret of being content in every situation , whether well fed or hundry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength.

I have put work first in the last few months as an escape from the reality of having a "sick" husband and a 1 year old. But I have come to the realization that this is what God has planned for me. He planned for Steve to have a kidney transplant and picked ME to be the wife to accompany him on this journey. He picked Steve and I to have a daughter, Olivia, who has stolen our hearts and He has been gracious enough to give us the gift and we need to treasure her as if she were pure gold.

Prayer:
Thank you Father for the friends and family you have given me to support and uplift me through this difficult time. May others be blessed by this journaling and may you be constantly praised for all the work you are doing in my life. Heal me Father- Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Renew my soul. Abba Father I cry out to you for healing!

Hope this was encouraging to you all. I will try and update daily. For a greaet devotional I recommend Extraordinary Women (Discovering the Dream God Created for you) by: Julie Clinton and if you are struggling with depression I am currently reading Depression- A stubborn darkness by Edward T. Welch and it has helped me through some dark days!

No comments:

Post a Comment